– The Heart of Darkness – how astronomers are attemtping to see the supermassive black hole at the centre of the Milky Way
– Stunning Southern Sights – the finest objects to observe from the southern hemisphere
– The Universe from Uluru – how to stargaze from Australia’s Ayers Rock
– Buying your first telescope – Will Gater reveals all you need to know to get started in astronomy
– The Right Light at Night – how LED street lighting affects amateur astronomers
– Reviews: Celestron Inspire 100AZ refractor, Bresser Solarix 76/350 telescope with solar filter, Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer Mini
– Access the Bonus Content for a video interview with the astronomer leading Australia’s newest powerful telescope
Plus, February’s The Sky at Night episode during which Chris and Maggie take control of the telescopes at the Roque de los Muchachos Observatory to view deep-sky objects selected by viewers.
Pete Lawrence and Paul Abel guide us through March’s night sky in the Virtual Planetarium.
Download a chapter of our book of the month: John Dvorak’s The Mask of the Sun
– The astronomy of the Aborigines in The Guide
– How to make a simple binocular mirror mount
– Image processing – the many colours of the rainbow star
– Monthly Bulletin pages bring you up to date with all the latest astronomical news, as well as Cutting Edge revealing the highlights from brand new research
– Our April Sky Guide featuring April comets, the daylight occultation of Aldebaran and the Lyrid meteor shower
– Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions
– Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
– Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
– What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you
– Hotshots – this month’s pick of your very best astrophotos
– Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky
– The latest astronomy books reviewed
Find out how to subscribe to BBC Sky at Night Magazine.