BBC Sky at Night Magazine: December 2016
Find out what's inside the December 2016 issue of BBC Sky at Night Magazine.
The December 2016 issue of BBC Sky at Night Magazine is in the shops now!
Inside this month's issue:
- A FREE 2017 calendar featuring amazing astrophotography from the Insight Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2016 competition
- 2016: The Year In Space - the year's biggest astronomy stories brought up to date
- Rosetta's Final Descent - how the spacecraft continued delivering science up until it's final moments
- Treasures of Orion - 22 of the finest sights to see in the standout winter constellation
- Turn Down The Noise - how to stop noise ruining your astrophotos
- 50 Years of Soyuz - the history of the famous rocket
- Reviews: Omegon N 203/1200 Dobsonian, Celestron UpClose G2 10x50 binoculars, Altair Astro GPCAM 2 IMX224 camera
- Access the Bonus Content for our interview with ExoMars 2016 project scientist Håkan Svedhem, and October's The Sky at Night episode in which Chris visits ESA mission control to follow the final moments of the Rosetta mission
Plus, December's Virtual Planetarium, deep-sky tour chart, binocular tour, observing forms and Hotshots and Eye On The Sky picture galleries.
- Inferior and superior planets in The Guide
- How to make a pinhole camera for solargraphy
- Image processing - create a mega mosaic of Orion
- Monthly Bulletin pages bring you up to date with all the latest astronomical news, as well as Cutting Edge revealing the highlights from brand new research
- Our new-look 17-page December Sky Guide
- Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions
- Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
- Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
- What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you
- Hotshots - this month's pick of your very best astrophotos
- Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky
- The latest astronomy books reviewed
- What I Really Want To Know Is - what's the cause of Mars's mystery streaks?