The November 2012 issue of Sky at Night Magazine is out in the shops now!
Here’s what’s inside the 106-pages and coverdisc.
– NASA needs you!… How you can contribute to NASA’s daring mission to grab a piece of near-Earth asteroid.
– The tale of Triangulum… We delve into the mysteries of the galaxy M33.
– Sounds of the aurora… Finnish folk tales about the Northern Lights couldn’t possibly be true – could they?
– Atmospheric dispersion correctors … How this little-known device can help you capture more detail on Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.
– Out of the aether – How the ‘greatest failure’ of science became one of the most important experiments ever.
– Stargazing skills – Which way is up?
– Reviews: we review the Orion 15×70 Astronomy Binoculars, the Visionary Saxon 4,5-inch reflector and the Sky-Watcher SkyHawk 1145P Go-To.
– Watch an episode of The Sky at Night, print out our deep sky tour chart, read get started guides, print out observing forms to record your observations, watch astronomy videos and view your Hotshots pictures on the coverdisc.
– Guides covering how to capture an image of the crescent of Venus, sketch Saturn and observe the lunar crater Taruntius.
– The world’s biggest and best skyguide to what you can see in the night skies in November including the Deep-Sky Tour of deep sky objects in the November night skies.
– The monthly Bulletin pages which bring you up to date on all the latest astronomical news as well as Cutting Edge analysis articles which highlight brand new research.
– Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions.
– Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
– Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
– What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you (also with astronomy related tv & radio listings.)
– Hotshots – this month’s pick of your very best astrophotos
– Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky.
– The latest astronomy books reviewed.